Friday, January 27, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUSS!!!

On Saturday January 28th, my favorite uncle (well truthfully, my only uncle really) turns 70. He's not the first one to reach that milestone in our family. That would be my father-in-law who did it first in 2009. Both look pretty good for their age and are in good health, which I hope I'm blessed with when I'm in my golden years.

When thinking about that whole aging thing, I'm not sure I can picture myself growing old gracefully since my favorite t-shirt says, "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." Some days the teenager in me has control. Other days it's the old person calling the shots. I doubt I'll be a member of the 'Red Hat' club either, but I like their style.

Anyway, here's to you Russ. Best wishes for many more happy years to come!

No comments: