Friday, May 6, 2011

A Carefree Childhood Moment...

Last night I was walking to a local playground with my niece and two nephews. When I turned around to see what was delaying my younger nephew, I saw that he had stopped when he saw a patch of dandelions (now in the fluff stage). He picked one and said he was going to make a wish, and only blow away some of the fluff, because he wanted to make more than one wish. After he told me his wish he handed it to me and said, "Here Aunt Cindy, you make a wish," so I did, and blew away a little of the fluff before handing it back to him. He then proceeded to give it to his big brother to finish it off (not sure whether he made any wishes, but if he did, he didn't say them out loud).

I was too touched by this magical moment to even care about scattering seeds on random peoples' lawns.

In this age of gadgets and electronics where children rarely grow up as innocent and naive as we were when we were their age, it's nice to see that there's still a few childhood traditions that haven't completely died out yet.

No comments: