Wednesday, November 4, 2009

These are a few of my Favorite Things...

Maria Von Trapp may have had her brown paper packages tied up with string & Schnitzel with noodles, but I have my very own list (in no specific order):

Puffkins & Luvvees: what’s not to like – they’re pint sized stuffed animals with huge round bellies and tiny arms and legs.

Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches: I also love all the variations – like peanut butter & applesauce, peanut butter & cream cheese, peanut butter & banana (no pickles though!), etc.

a thick new paperback novel: I just love delving into a juicy story to help pass the time during a boring afternoon at work.

home improvement shows: nothing motivates me more than watching someone else either clean up or fix their own house. Of course it sometimes depresses me when I look around our house and compare it to some of the ones I see on TV.

new comfy “weekend clothes”: There’s just something about the novelty of having new clothes that never gets “old.”

pocket sized gadgets: I just love my tiny I-Pod and the speaker it rests next to. It’s about the same size as some cell phones. I also love my pocket-size digital camera, which is small enough to have in my purse all the time without necessarily adding much extra weight.

my laptop computer: I love the portability of having a computer you can take with you almost anywhere. Soon almost everywhere will have free WiFi, so it will be nice to be able to access the internet from a lot of different places.

pasta with tomato sauce & cheese: Like with PB & J, I will eat almost any variation on this. It’s definitely one of the easiest and tastiest dinners to make.

chocolate: brownies, cake, candy are my three preferred solids. I also enjoy a nice steaming mug of hot cocoa on a cold winter’s evening.

a fun, hip, new handbag/purse/backpack: I love carrying my things with me, so it’s especially a pleasure when it’s in something funky.

No comments: