Monday, November 23, 2009

My Favorite Thanksgiving Movies & TV Programs

In honor of the upcoming holiday, I thought I would compile a list of my favorite Thanksgiving-themed movies (in no particular order):

1) Tadpole
2) What’s Cooking?
3) Planes, Trains & Automobiles
4) The Ice Storm
5) Home for the Holidays
6) Pieces of April
7) Hannah & Her Sisters
8) Miracle on 34th Street
9) Son-in-Law
10) Scent of a Woman

My favorite Thanksgiving-themed TV programs:

1) “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving”
2) Quantum Leap: “The Leap Home”
3) WKRP in Cincinnati: “Turkey’s Away”
4) The Bob Newhart Show: “Over the River and Through the Woods”
5) Friends: any of the Thanksgiving episodes

I just finished watching another Thanksgiving themed movie, “The Daytrippers” which I believe was made in 1995. This one came recommended on the internet when I did a search for “Thanksgiving movies.” It was an enjoyable little film centered around the adventures a family had in Manhatten (presumably on Black Friday) while trying to track down their daughter’s husband whom they suspect is cheating on her (they’re right, but I won’t spoil the unexpected twist).

Next up on my Netflix queue: “Alice’s Restaurant” (as in the famous Arlo Guthrie song as opposed to the mid 1970’s television show “Alice.”)

No comments: