Friday, October 23, 2009

A Wii Fit Milestone...

Yesterday I hit a milestone. According to the very happy Piggy Bank on our Wii Fit, I have completed my Tenth hour of training. If I am at all representative of other Wii Fit users out there, no wonder we’re an overweight nation. Having only owned the Wii Fit for about 10 months, and usually only putting in a half hour at a time, that works out to only 20 training sessions over 10 months (or 2 a month for those who can’t do simple math). However, I should probably add, that some of the time when I am not using the Wii Fit, I am either using the stationary bike in our basement, or at the gym, so I’m not a complete slacker.

There are many reasons why I don’t exclusively use the Wii Fit: For one thing, I have to share the Wii with my husband. Also, since it’s located in our family room, I am often interrupted by our cat passing through, and it’s not in a very private location. Probably most importantly, the exercises do tend to get boring and tedious. On the upside, I have certainly learned a lot about Yoga (enough to know I don’t really fancy taking a class in it).

In order to alleviate this problem, I have just added to my Wish List the Wii Fit Plus, which is apparently 15 more games to “stimulate” you while also giving you a work out. I also see that there’s an EA Sports Active trainer and some variations on that as well. However, I think I’ll stick to the Wii Fit Plus and see how that works out, in conjunction with using my stationary bike and gym membership too.

No comments: