Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What feature would you like to have in your next home?

Question of the Week in the June 11, 2009 issue of Columbus Alive:

What feature would you like to have in your next home?

Self-Cleaning Everything!
(Adrianne Prescott, Display Account Executive)

I totally agree!

Someone else said a walk-in closet with a wet bar and another said a jewelry closet. I wouldn’t mind combining these ideas, but I don’t need a wet bar there (maybe in my own personal library since there’s nothing like reading while sipping a nice glass of wine). Really, it would be nice to have all my clothes in one room so I wouldn’t have to keep switching things back and forth between seasons. That would definitely be my highest priority.

If we’re talking luxuries, I wouldn’t mind having a room big enough to display all my books, and then have someone come in once a month to dust them!

I guess I also wouldn’t mind a bathroom with one of those nice big round whirlpool tubs (big enough for two so we could use that as our own inside personal hot tub). We currently have a whirlpool tub, but it’s rectangular and barely big enough for one person and not really as luxurious to use as you might think. Since you’re so close to the jets you feel more pummeled by them rather than relaxed or whatever you’re supposed to feel. We also have a hot tub, but can’t be bothered to maintain it for how infrequently we actually use it and for only about a half hour at a time anyway.

If we’re talking staff, it’s a toss up between my own personal chef/nutritionist and gardener. However, a chef is more useful on a day-to-day basis, whereas I think I would only need a gardener to come in like once a month and clear out all the weeds and debris. Obviously I would also like a housekeeper like Alice from "The Brady Bunch" or maybe Mr. Belvedere or Geoffrey (from "The Fresh Prince of Belaire").

No comments: