Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lenten Resolutions

It's that time of year again; the time when we pick ourselves back up from falling off the wagon after making failed attempts at New Year's Resolutions, and try to get back on the straight and narrow by making Lenten Resolutions. I realize giving up something petty like candy and donuts is pretty cliche' and perhaps a bit of a token gesture, but these are foods I indulge in way too often (donuts less so, but needs to be never!).

Realizing that the best way to get rid of winter flab isn't just to diet, but to exercise, I am also trying to stick to an exercise routine. I figure by making it public should hold me accountable (not that anyone even reads this blog). I guess I'll also try to update my blog at least weekly. It's just hard to come up with positive things to say since this has been such a dismal winter.

1) Forbidden foods – candy, donuts

2) No snacking unless it’s fruit.

3) Work out at gym at least two days a week.

4) Work out on bike at least two days a week.

5) Use the Wii Fit at least once a week.

6) After dinner desserts only permitted on Fridays and Saturdays.

7) All rules void on my birthday.

No comments: