Thursday, April 28, 2011

Do Something Different…

I don’t know about the rest of you, but every now and then I get bored with the old routine and try to deviate it, ever so slightly, to shake things up a bit.

Here are some examples of what I’ve done over the last week or so.

Thursday – Having never attended the Maundy Thursday mass at my church, I decided to go and check it out. At an hour and a half long, it was certainly shorter than I recall the Good Friday mass being. It was also a lot more crowded than I anticipated, but then it is a holy day of obligation and not as many people have to work in the evening.

Friday – It was more an accident than anything else that I ended up differing my routine. I usually try to abstain from eating meat on Fridays during Lent preferring instead to have fish or pasta or something. I accidentally had a piece of pepperoni pizza (momentarily forgetting that pepperoni is meat). Later I was trying to drive to a local gadget store and got hopelessly lost, so I guess you could say I went ‘exploring,’ even if it wasn’t on purpose.

Saturday – I shopped our local grocery store in the reverse order (starting out at the pharmacy side and finishing by the produce). I’ve done that before, but certainly not often.

Sunday – I attended a different church for the annual Easter Sunday service. I enjoyed it so much, I think I will go there on all the major holidays (especially as it’s less crowded and a lot more comfortable than my church). Also, I watched a pre-recorded program in the middle of the afternoon, which is something I almost never do (preferring to do chores all afternoon and enjoy TV in the evening).

Monday – I read a book while working out on my stationery bike. I’ve only ever done that once before.

Tuesday – I went to the gym, which is something I haven’t done since November. Also, when I got home I just sat down and watched TV for like an hour, instead of making dinner.

Wednesday – I went to the grocery store and had one of their employees make me a tray of pinwheels using some wraps they had in the back. I’ve never done that before.

No comments: