Thursday, June 16, 2011

Garage Sale Season

It’s that time of year again. Yes, it’s Garage Sale season. Time to check out the classified ads and plot your strategy to see how many you can possibly hit on a Saturday morning to beat the heat and score the good deals. I am willing to risk everything having been well picked-over by the time I get there in order to score a last minute bargain towards the end of the day (generally between 12-2pm). I have also learned to haggle with people in order to get a fair price (especially when I’m buying several things).

My sister is having her annual sale this weekend. I’ve been scrambling the last few days gathering items and slapping price stickers on everything. As usual it’s been exhausting and I always ask myself why I bother when I’m lucky to maybe make $50 ($80 being my record so far). I guess I do it because my sister is always willing to do it, and it does clear some clutter from our well-filled house. Also, it’s fun to see what she’s selling and meet with some of the customers.

No comments: